Sunday 8 February 2015

Using historical reference as an inspiration for designs!

As part of our research I looked into the themes chosen by our team.
  •     Large scale boss character
  •     Organic design       
  •     Steampunk elemnets
Originally I looked at huge mechs and steampunk contraptions that could be designed as a boss character to fight.

I had established a Tumblr account for the group to use as reference to wider sources of inspiration. This is when I found art that had visual links to historical events. These artworks reimagined wars and other scenes that I thought could make a really interesting subject to use.

 I have been struggling with ideas with what topic to draw inspiration from, but found British history to be the best suited. I looked at British wars and the medieval bestiary but I did not think this enough to design a character from.

This evening, I thought of using the Fire of London and the Black Plague as inspiration. I have only just thrown this idea out to my teammates but research is already being made!

- Emily Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment